Organize a Special Issue
American Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering welcomes all the proposals corresponding to the aims & scope of this journal. The objective of the special issues is to bring together recent high-quality research, to promote key advances in theory and applications, and to provide overviews of the emerging domains.
If you are ready to propose a special issue, please download the special issue proposal form and fill in the required information. After it is completed, you can submit it in the following email : [email protected]
*A follow-up email will be sent to the given email address within 3 working days.
The sections below will help you in organizing a successful special issue. A good special issue should include an appropriate title, a well-structured description, effective keywords and a capable editorial team.
Propose a Special Issue Title
You should propose a title close to your own research interests. The title must be of increasing interest within your field and the scope of the journal. It should be broad enough to attract a reasonable number of submissions, but narrow enough to provide a cohesive collection of articles. The special issues often focus on the interface of two or more traditional disciplines, a recent advance in the field, or an emerging societal challenge. If you find a surge in interest in a particular subject at recent conferences, this is a good sign that a related proposal will generate significant interest. There are some rules to propose your special issue title:
1. The title should be a refined phrase in academic style;
2. The title should be succinct but descriptive for your special issue;
3. The title should indicate the main research object which is the core word of the title;
4. The title is advised to include two or three core words.
Write a Description
The description of the special issue needs to introduce the reason of proposing your special issue, the aims and significance of this special issue, and the research subjects that this issue will focus on, which can attract more scholars to participate in your special issue. Specifically, the description should include at least 3 components:
(1) The background of this research (such as environmental background, an introduction of research object, research frontiers, the existing issues/challenges or the significance/importance of this research, etc.);
(2) The aim of this special issue (such as the problems to be solved, etc.);
(3) The subjects of this special issue (such as a list of key subjects or topics to be covered, together with a description of the types of papers accepted, etc.).
The keywords need to be provided in order to make the scholars quickly understand this special issue. There should be at least 6 keywords, covering the scope of the special issue, serving as complimentary information of the title and concretizing the study direction implied by the title.
Recruit an Editorial Team
The special issue will be composed of a lead guest editor and several guest editors. This team should be sufficient of capacity and expertise, and take on the following responsibilities:
(1) Promote your special issue;
(2) Submit papers / Invite authors to contribute papers;
(3) Maintain contact with authors who are interested;
(4) Organize peer review for submitted papers.
The qualification of guest editors will be reviewed to ensure they meet the editorial requirements of this journal. The lead guest editor is also encouraged to recruit team members from multiple institutions and locations, which can reduce conflicts of interest and help the special issue reach a wider audience.